Sunday, October 21, 2007

Only A Dream (October 21, 2007)

I dreamt she loved me
Her caressing words
Soothed the thoughts
I longed to hear
Angelic whispers
Bringing forth my spirit
My love and heart
Yearning for the truth
My soul has always felt

Her confession was unexpected
An unlocked confidence,
The candy shell released,
I could taste what
She withheld inside
Her wanting and waiting
Leaning towards me
I was alive within,
A new found spring

Words spoke in tears
My response conceived
Years and lifetimes
Beyond that moment
As real as any moment
I’m awake and asleep
Speeding to meet her
Kisses on torn lips
Of concealment

And all at once
I was awoken
Her scent fading
An evaporating memory
Leaving my heart empty
Hurting and praying
Looking for a trace
For that dream day
To find me in its way

No comments: