Monday, March 27, 2006

Do You Think She Knows (March 27, 2006)

From under your brow
Through your careless hair
I wish I understood how
You think of me in there

You hugged me goodbye
But I wasn’t ready to leave
You looked into my eyes
Another hug was my reprieve

I smell you in my midst
As though it is on purpose
Your perfume doesn’t miss
Each time I wish we were us

I receive smiles from your lips
Why can I not kiss them yet
Sparkle, gloss and glitter trips
My heart skips to when we met

Images of you ruin my mind
Dreams and waking hours mix
Forming singular thoughts in kind
Waiting for you to give me my fix

My longing for your affection
Your silence could break my heart
Divining an answer to my affliction
I will survive or be torn apart

I only want this girl to be mine
Hopefully she will soon realize
This guy is not waiting in line
He could be her greatest prize

Your passes may have shown
Your desire for me is in sight
Could I have possibly known
You were waiting for the right

If you could move forward
My hands are tied in glue
Just take one step toward
And find my love is true

No comments: